Thursday, July 29, 2010

Surrealism





I found this photo when my daughter was 18 month, really like her dress. It is a very bad photo, totally out of focus and dark. Cropped out and put onto the waterlily pad. Use the pen tool draw the ouline of the Chinese character on the right bottom which means dream. I add the poem using a font called "Chiller", love the effect, not sure if it goes with the theme, but heck, it is for fun. This could be a CD cover for some baby music product, maybe something can help the baby sleep through the night. I can make big bucks... ha ha ha dream on


I bought this water lily photo from fotolia and it has defect, I use the patch tool to get rid of the horizontal line. Then use the clone stamp, smudge tool to enlarge the background to 1200 by 800 pixels, from original 850 pxby 560 px.
I found this chinese "dream character " from the internet and use the pen tool to draw out the outline as shapes

Here is my pen tool generated dream super imposed on the original image, not bad for 5 minutes job. I must say I am very good at the pen tool. When I took the illustrator class in fall 09, i spent more than 50 hours drew Van Gogh's Irises using the pen tool that really helped me understand how to use the pen tool. PS and Ai are pretty similar in terms of pen tool, you know these anchor points, i am pretty good at manuplating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment