Saturday, July 10, 2010

Leeson 4 Colorizing and Color Theme Composite

Here is the before and after photos of coloring, the original photo was black and white, shot by my niece lily of her friend. Although the it was a great pose, the original photo was a little out of focus and to dark.


I used unsharpen mask to sharped it which got great results. I also brighten up the image about 20%. I used the gradient map qudratone supreme from the book and it turn out surprisingly well.


For color theme, I chose one of the photos of lily and my kids, the original photo was shot in front of a bush in the fall, it was a great photo with the kids smiling so naturally and just the background needs to be changed. I found this a daisy blooming in spring photo from fotolia and brought it.


I used polygonal lasso tool lasso out the rough outline of the kids and then use the background eraser tool (chose a soft brush ) cleaned the edge. I adjusted the brightnes and contrast a little and also use the clone stamp and healing patch tool to get rid of lily's bracelet on her teeth also brightened her teeth a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment