Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lesson 5 Channel Masking

Here is the final composite using channel mask.


This is the original image shot by my niece Lily, I love this photo of my daughter with her two big front teeth missing. I actually like the original photo, the only reason I put it onto a different background is for this class to practice channel amsking. I learned quite a lot, as I never used channel masking before. I like the textbook mentioning mixing the red and green channel together which generate a new channel. Then I used offset of -100, to get better contrast. I use this photo for practice is the hair is kind of messy because of the wind gust at the beach. It would be very difficulty to use other selection tools.


After the channel masking (I used a variety size of brushing tools to paint around the hair, the black white screenshot of the channel mask is the best I can do. When i load the selection, some of the sky still come out. I used the background eraser tool to clear the edges, which does magic job.

For final touch I did color match just slightly tone done the color. I used clipping mask to generate the watermark (added dropshadow).

No comments:

Post a Comment