Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lesson 6 Typography and Poster



If you click on all the photos you can see a much larger version of the poster
I am very proud that my hometown Shanghai is hosting the world expo this year. I select the night skyline of the city near the Huangpu river. The font I use is Turbuchet, a simple sans-serif. For the slogan "better city, better life" I used Emboss and gradient overlay which kind of have an interesting effect blending with the nightline. The logo for world expo ( the green simple ) on the left is a chinese character of "world", i used emboss as well, also choose the blending mode of dissolve which generating kind of sparkling effect around the edges. Another logo (the rainbow chinese character "heart" under the slogan, I use the same effect

No comments:

Post a Comment